Intuitive expression is exploration of finding your joy when putting paint on paper. In this workshop you will learn how to have fun and paint for yourself and NOT an audience. We will explore composition, different tools to create texture and brushstrokes. Work with lights and darks to create depth and interest.
In my artistic journey, nature represents the biggest inspiration, I learn a lot from observing the textures and colors, and the dramatic juxtapositions of lights and darks. We will paint abstract painting taking inspiration from nature and paint different shapes and create textures, basically feel the creative freedom.
What is included in the course:
- In this 3 week class, (SEPTEMBER 14th - OCTOBER 3rd) you will get 6 videos
- A private FaceBook group, to share and ask questions.
- During the three weeks I will actively answer your questions
- Weekly LIVE Q&A
- Full Access to the videos, so you can watch and paint after the course is over, as you paint.
Course will focus on:
- Having Fun
- Creating layers of colors to create depth
- Make Making
- Mixing Colors as you paint
- Creating textures
- Importance of value in your paintings
- Being loose and painting intuitively
- Having fun – I did say that before didn’t I!?
- Keeping loose and staying loose!!
Suggested Supplies for class:
- 9x12 watercolor (140lbs) paper (5-7 sheets)
- Paint - colors of your choice.
- Some of my favorite colors are
- Florescent Magenta
- Quinacridone Magenta
- Phthalo Blue (Green shade) or Phthalo turquoise
- Medium Cadmium Yellow
- Sap Green
- Green Gold
- Titanium white or gesso (I use artist quality gesso)
- Heavy Gel Medium or regular gel medium
- Liquitex Gloss Medium
- Satin Varnish
- Brush Bucket. To clean your brushes.
- Paper Towels
- Various sizes of brushes
- Palette Knifes
- Palette or Palette Paper or Wax/sandwich paper
- Old Creditcards/hotel key cards,
- couple of wooden BBQ skewers for markmaking
- Hard Rubber Brayer